Thursday 7 August 2014

Wishlist: A New Front Door....

The Nubian Door
Heavy Rustic Door
Senegal
Star Door
Beautiful Indigo Doorway
Art Nouveau Door
I really, really need a new front door. Last winter we ended up using the back door to the house as the lock just decided not to work for a few months and we could not get the darn thing open... then magically in the spring it started working again... I am not going through that again!!

So here is my door inspiration... sadly none of these are suitable for a 1960's end of terrace property in England but I can dream...

Each of these doors are so beautiful and unique, and I would feel so proud coming home to each of these places and inviting people in for a cuppa, certainly beats hanging out the bathroom window and asking delivery men to come round the back of the house...


9 comments:

she. said...

that purple archway is beautiful.

hippyatheart said...

that purple one is fab

HIPPY AT HEART ///

Meg said...

Oooh! I adore! The art nouveaux is my favorite. Love!

bahnwärterin said...

very beautiful doors!
but sorry - last one is not art nouveau - it´s baroque!!
:-)

moonpoppy said...

Now I want a new front door too,and mine is in perfect order,so no excuse for me ;)

Lyndie said...


Thanks for all the great inspiration! I am also in need of a new front door, but will probably go down the more traditional path of rustic timber.

Katy Byrne said...

That star door is everything. Great shots!

www.designsbykaty.com

Unknown said...

The first one is mostly paint... Suggestion for you - "trompe l'oeil" mural door - for you especially, maybe a surreal(ist) joke. "Ce n'est pas une porte"
Thanks for your blog, reminds me of my childhood.

Unknown said...

The first one is mostly paint... Suggestion for you - "trompe l'oeil" mural door - for you especially, maybe a surreal(ist) joke. "Ce n'est pas une porte"
Thanks for your blog, reminds me of my childhood.