Friday 1 August 2014

The Home of...Xochi Balfour


The Naturalista's Xochi Balfour at home in London





 Isn't this London studio apartment of healthy cook Xochi great? So minimal and unlike anything I could achieve with all my clutter... I wonder if Xochi has a hidden room full of crap too!!

When it comes to decorating, what’s your secret and magic?
I like to see my home as a blank canvas against which I can express my interests and experiences. I love traveling and this is always reflected in my style both at home and in my wardrobe. I crave colourful things and am always drawn to vibrant patterns and textures. Keeping my walls and floor white lets me bring all the treasures and talismans I like into my home without it feeling too busy. I also think a place looks best when it’s really lived in: when I first moved in I wanted everything to be perfect and just so, but not many of us can live the minimalist life and I love my home space more and more as my things are properly used and lived with and find their own place there. Real memories and experiences shouldn’t sit in a glass cabinet all their life…

Xochi is the owner of blog The Naturalista
Images and full interview available at Free People Blog

3 comments:

Meg said...

Thanks for the intro! Love her vibe!

Anonymous said...

That fireplace is insane! I love it!

Monica LivingSweetLiving said...

I just love the way the bed is placed!